11 Nov Registration of additional equipment (trailer recognition)
One of the last new additions to GPS Logistic is the option to track data from the transported equipment by the trucks, cars or machines, that are GPS monitored by Advanced GPS Technology. Such equipment can be: trailer, fuel tank, agricultural inventory or other types of attached non-motor equity.
For the purpose, the mobile GPS monitored vehicle should be equiped with a special reader, that can receive data without physical contact with the identification card. Also, we need to install such identification card to the additional inventory, without connecting it to its power supply. This is a major advantage of this kind of technology, since it does not require wires and external batteries. Moreover, the equipment does not involve any kind of additional communication devices, which means that once installed, there are no extra fees and taxes for the customer.
Once established, this configuration enables us to monitor to which vehicle/machine the additional equipment is attached, as well as, to find out which is the transported inventory by a specific vehicle at the moment.
We have also included different types of reports, as for instance: report by date and time, showing to which vehicles was the selected equipment attached; report by machine, that shows which additional inventories were transported by it for a chosen period; report regarding the traveled kilometers with an attached specific equipment and also a visual trace of the traveled route only with the equipment; report of the total time that the vehicle has used the inventory and etc.
The suggested technical solution helps the achievement of the following results:
- Fast and easy identification of the last vehicle, that was transporting a selected equity, as well as, the last confirmed location at which the equipment was registered.
- Clear visual display of the trailers distrubution between the specific trucks. This puts an end to manually edited tables, which should be updated with each change of the distribution of trailers between the trucks.
- Automated calculation of the traveled kilometers for a chosen time period by a specific attached inventory. This helps with the technical service management and the correct expense distribution among the non-motor equity.
- Calculation of total time through which the attached equipment was used, in order to figure out the accumulated rent, fuel consumption and other liability.
- Visual represenation of a route, traveled with the additional equipment, that can be shown to the contractor of a specific job.